Teaching Jobs in Eugene OR
Evidently there is no end to the requirement for the teachers throughout the U.S. Teaching includes an extensive assortment cover anything from kindergarten and preschool through elementary and middle school to secondary and you can find at the moment just below 4 million teaching job opportunities. Should you be thinking about a teaching position in Eugene there are always schools in search of qualified teachers in all subjects. For the reason that teaching covers such a broad range of subjects there is no end to the list of job opportunities, which can be very well paid in recent times. Every job requires a wide range of skills, depending on the age of the children.
Children in kindergarten, preschool and elementary schools are all taught by primary teachers. It is a very tricky but at the same time rewarding age to teach. The challenges come both from the wide range of subjects that they need to teach and also because of the young age of the youngsters. Assistant teaching positions are also available in many schools. All of these assistants help the primary teacher during the course of lessons in order to reduce the teacher’s workload and to ensure that the children get the most benefit from the classes.
Every secondary school teacher will concentrate on one or two core subject areas. Because of this the teacher should have a qualification in a related subject. Secondary teachers also need to be able to meet the challenge of teaching students who are older and becoming more independent in their attitudes and learning.
Beyond the primary and secondary teachers there are many other teaching jobs available in Eugene and the surrounding locations. By way of example there are Montessori schools, which teach in a very different way. Montessori teachers act more to guide the children through helping the learning process rather than teaching things directly. There’s also many special cases, which require special teachers who are trained to teach children who have special requirements. This can be a very difficult but on the other hand the most rewarding of teaching tasks. Understandably the salaries of special needs teachers is often higher than some others.
Also there is a massive infrastructure to support education with a wide range of administrative jobs encompassing department heads, principals and head teachers. These days the job of the head teacher needs significant managerial skills, which can only come about after many years of experience in learning.
Ensuring That You Obtain an Interview for a Teaching Position in Eugene Oregon
You can find often hundreds of applicants for each teaching job so it is best to be well prepared and organized when you start the process of job hunting. There are a lot of things you can do to improve your chances of success in getting that all important interview.
The most significant thing is to make sure that in addition to the all important resume that your supporting documentation is as good as possible and current. You have to ensure that you have good letters of recommendation that need to be written by professionals and not by friends or family. If you’re a new teacher then the most important one relates to your student teaching working experience. Further references should come from former professors, fellow teachers or previous department heads.
Together with the letters of recommendation you will need to write a cover letter. This is probably the first thing that will be read so it needs to be written as well as it can be. You might also enclose a couple of your best lesson plans as evidence of your teaching skills. It may be a good idea also to enclose any certificates relating to your experience. If you’re looking for your first post, then of course you won’t have much teaching experience but you can always refer to any private tutoring you will probably have done.
If you are going to apply for several jobs then it is a good idea to write one covering letter that is as general as it can be. After this you should tailor each version of it to the particular job you are looking for. While this is a great timesaver it also ensures that each letter addresses the requirements of each school under consideration.
Most Recent Teaching Job Listings
You will find thousands of new teaching positions each day so it can be laborious to search through each one. We concentrate on bringing you the latest jobs in your city so here are the up-to-the-minute job lists of teachers in Eugene:
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:45:59 +0000: Substitute Educational Assistants / Teachers - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
City of Clackamas ESD - Clackamas, OR - (Special Education Classrooms) Clackamas County $13.52 / hour $162.25 / day The documents below require Adobe Acrobat Reader. To download this program go to Adobe's web site. • Employment Application...
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:32:19 +0000: Elementary/Middle School Teachers, K-8 – Oregon Virtual Academy - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Insperity - North Bend, OR - all of the ORVA teacher daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks Participate in regular staff meetings via...
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:26:04 +0000: Elementary School Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Port Orford, OR - of state endorsement. Pass pre employment background check. JOB DUTIES: Elementary school teacher...
- Mon, 20 May 2013 07:24:15 +0000: Preschool Teacher and Caregiver - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Portland, OR - :30AM - 5:30PM * 35 - 40 hours a week EMPLOYER COMMENTS: * We are seeking a teacher whose long-term goal...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 22:54:54 +0000: Elementary Music Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Gladstone, OR - . Minimum Qualifications (include educational requirements and any pre-requisites): 1. Valid Oregon teacher license... acceptable to Teacher Standards and Practices Commission for position assignment. 2. Satisfactorily perform...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 22:07:05 +0000: High School English Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Eugene, OR - Careerjet
Eugene, OR - Willamette Leadership Academy is looking for a highly qualified English teacher to teach high...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 22:07:05 +0000: High School English Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Eugene, OR - Willamette Leadership Academy is looking for a highly qualified English teacher to teach high...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 07:31:06 +0000: Remote High School Science Teacher - Oregon - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Oregon - Work from home in Oregon as a High School Science Teacher. The Teacher will be teaching courses... Jobs! Online school seeking a Remote High School Physical Science Teacher to be responsible for delivering...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 07:25:49 +0000: A Teacher-Friendly Master's - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Ahora Utah - Concordia, Sin. - Portland, OR - ) to enjoy vacations and personal time. Please note that you must be a licensed practicing teacher... , and become invaluable as a teacher with the expertise to work with struggling readers, reluctant readers, English...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 07:17:52 +0000: High School Science Teacher, Remote/Virtual - Oregon - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Oregon - school seeking a Virtual Physical Science High School Teacher to be responsible for providing instruction... to... Online school seeking a Remote High School Physical Science Teacher to be responsible for delivering...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 07:16:15 +0000: Lower School Spanish Teacher K - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Oregon Episcopal School - Portland, OR - : Lower School Spanish Teacher K-3 Exempt/Non Exempt: E Division/Department: Lower School FTE: 80% Reports... communication skills in Spanish Spanish curriculum, designed by teacher, will integrate with the grade level...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 07:06:52 +0000: Preschool Assistant Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Cannon Beach, OR - to 6 years. Pre-employment background check. Duties: Preschool assistant teacher position. Hours...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 05:29:50 +0000: Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Mount Angel, OR - Title: Teacher Location: Oregon-Mount Angel Job Number: 16638 Providence is calling a full-time... Teacher for a day shift position at Providence Benedictine Nursing Center in Mount Angel, OR. In...
- Sun, 19 May 2013 01:41:33 +0000: Substitute Preschool Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Eugene, OR - Careerjet
Eugene, OR - Substitute Preschool Teacher June 15, 2012 - August 31, 2013 Location: Eugene, OR Benefits: None... Employment Type: On Call Department: Pearl Buck Preschool Description: The substitute teacher collaborates...
- Sat, 18 May 2013 07:54:25 +0000: Would You If You Could? - teacher jobs, employment in Eugene, OR - Careerjet
Building A Business Together - Eugene, OR - , art, account, teacher, executive, advertising, automotive, account manager, acct. exec, account...
- Sat, 18 May 2013 07:45:59 +0000: Therapeutic Intervention Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Willamette ESD - Oregon - 04/12/2013 05/03/2013 Email Melissa or call ~~~.~~~.~~~~ ~~~~ 13/14 This is a full-time position. Benefits package Hiring Guidelines We appreciate your interest in the Willamette Education Service Di...
- Sat, 18 May 2013 07:23:31 +0000: Private Music Lessons Teacher - teacher jobs, employment in Oregon - Careerjet
Musika LLC - Portland, OR - Private Music Lessons Teacher COMPANY:Musika Music Lessons is the go-to company for teachers... to instruct one-on-one lessons in the students' homes, as well as at their own teaching studios. Each teacher...
- Thu, 16 May 2013 22:56:28 +0000: 35 FTE Grades K -3 Facilitating Teacher Position for School Year 2013 - teacher jobs, employment in Eugene, OR - Careerjet
Eugene, OR - Teacher for grades K-3 (mid-day) at Clear Lake Elementary School. For information regarding this position...
- Thu, 16 May 2013 22:50:43 +0000: 40 FTE Grade 2/3 Blend Facilitating Teacher Position for School Year 2013 - teacher jobs, employment in Eugene, OR - Careerjet
Eugene, OR - .40 FTE Grade 2/3 Blend Facilitating Teacher Position for School Year 2013-14 CLEAR LAKE ELEM... is seeking appropriately licensed candidates for a .40 FTE Grade 2/3 Blend Facilitating Teacher (Mornings...
- Thu, 16 May 2013 22:36:19 +0000: 35 FTE Grades 2 & 4 Facilitating Teacher Position for School Year 2013 - teacher jobs, employment in Eugene, OR - Careerjet
Eugene, OR - Teacher for Math in grades 2 & 4 (mid-day) at Clear Lake Elementary School. For information regarding...
Here is a beneficial video giving some related information on finding a teaching job:
Teaching Salaries in Eugene
|Teaching Job||Median Salary|
|Special Education Teacher, Secondary School||$45,100|
|High School Teacher||$44,300|
|Middle School Teacher||$44,300|
|Secondary School Teacher||$42,800|
|Special Education Teacher, Middle School||$42,200|
|Special Education Teacher, Kindergarten, Elementary School or Preschool||$41,100|
|Elementary School Teacher||$41,100|
How to Get Ready for Any Questions You Could be Asked at Interviews
The very first thing to do is to try and find out if there are any questions that are typically asked by the specific Individual Education Program . You might find this from talking to colleagues or from various forums and other sites relating to careers in education and learning.
There are a lot of things that schools are looking for in a teacher and they are likely to ask about a majority of these. Just one in particular is how good you are at not only planning lessons but in adjusting the lesson content based on the level and abilities of the students that you are schooling. Such an adaptability is very important and schools are looking for teachers who are able to think on their feet.
It is possible to find lists of typical interview questions but you need to understand which the most important ones are. By way of example you need to be prepared to answer questions of a general nature such as why you wanted to be a teacher and what is your overall teaching belief. Additionally, you will be expected to outline your strengths and weaknesses, and you should always have a plan as to how you intend to tackle your weak spots.
You could be asked about your teaching style and how you go about getting the most from your students, for instance by encouraging creativity and getting them to think for themselves.
Some questions such as asking you to describe an example of what you thought was a successful lesson are a chance for you to demonstrate your qualities. One may also be asked about difficulties that you might have had during the past. This is also a great opportunity for you to show how you overcame them.
More Teaching Jobs:
- Teaching Jobs in Portland OR | Teaching Positions Hiring Now
- Teaching Jobs in Sherwood OR | Teaching Positions Hiring Now
- Teaching Jobs in Forest Grove OR | Teaching Positions Hiring Now
- Teaching Jobs in Redmond OR | Teaching Positions Hiring Now